The 80/20 rule of attracting happiness

 Even though we think we are trying our best, we sometimes lose sight of what is important and let go of our happiness. 

You may be lamenting, "I’m trying so hard,” but in fact, your efforts may be misguided. 

So all the effort you put in will be wasted and will end up in vain. 

One way to prevent this from happening is to pay attention to the 80/20 rule, also known as Pareto principle. 

The 80:20 rule is a statistical observation made by the Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto. 

According to this principle, 20% of the factors create 80% of the total. 

Here is a simple example of how it is applied in the field of business. 

If you look at the 80/20 rule, 80% of a store's sales are generated by 20% of all its customers. 

In other words, rather than going around to all of your customers, you should focus on the top 20% of your most important customers. 

In addition, 80% of product sales are generated by 20% of all product brands. 

80% of the sales are generated by 20% of the employees. 

80% of the results of a job are generated by 20% of the total time spent, and so on. 

We are all busy working, but only 20% of our work is important. 

So if you keep the important 20%, you can get 80% of the results. 

If you are looking for 100% results, you will have to put all your effort into the other 80%, which will lead to exhaustion, and in the end, you will lose all your results. 

If you think that 80% of your work is good enough, then you only need to keep 20% of your work under control. 

In the case of work, 20% of the work is important, and as long as you keep that 20% in check, you can get 80% of the results. 

This means that you only need to focus on 20% of the work, instead of the 100% you used to focus on, and you will have more energy. 

It is important to carefully analyze what the important 20% is. 

And this is something that can be applied to life in general. 


In other words, 20% of what we do accounts for 80% of what makes us happy! 

It means that 20% of what we do to make ourselves happy is important, and the other 80% is not so important. 

We tend to put a lot of effort into things that are not so important. 

This means that no matter how hard you try, you will not be rewarded, and no matter how hard you work, you will not achieve much. 

The most important thing in life is to determine what factors shape your happiness. 

And focus your efforts on the things that really matter. 

If you work late into the night every day, while your partner and children are the gemstones of your happiness, you will lose sight of your happiness. 

You need to focus on spending time with your family. 

On the other hand, it's okay to be a stay-at-home dad, but don't neglect your work so much that you end up getting laid off and have money problems. 

You need to find the 20% of your work that is important to you and make sure that you keep it in check. 

Re-evaluate what is important to you. 

Find the points you need to focus on to maintain and nurture them. 

Identify the 20% that is important and try to keep it in check 

The rest is what you’ll do if you have the extra energy. 

Be aware of this 80/20 rule and use it to attract happiness to you! 

 Translated by Yuki Naito